MBUK – ‘Benchmark trail blazer is still on point’.
‘Whyte haven’t changed the multi-award-winning T-130 rolling chassis this year, but SRAM’s latest transmission and suspension tweaks take its addictively flat-out performance up an extra level for 2018.’
- Super-responsive but surefooted handling.
- Suspension is easy to set up and offers impressive control.
- Mostly excellent, bang-up-to-date kit package for the money.
Whyte S-150C Works
MBR – ‘Whyte’s fusion of cutting-edge geometry and 29in wheels is a marriage made in heaven’.
‘Whyte has been pushing the boundaries of sizing and geometry for years now, so it should come as no surprise that its new 150mm-travel 29er is long, low and slack.’
- Custom fork offset restores the true head angle and trail measurements while reducing steering flop.
- SCR frame design increases stiffness by eliminating the front mech.
- Boost dropouts and ample tyre clearance make the S-150 Plus compatible and Whyte even offers aftermarket wheel sets to make swapping easy.
MBR – ‘Whyte has produced some amazing bikes of late, but it has always struggled to nail its longer travel G-series models. Not any more.’
‘The new G-170 S is smooth and composed. It is easy to set-up and even easier to ride flat-out, but it still pedals well enough that you don’t feel like you’re lugging a 170mm anchor up every climb.’
- Maxle Ultimate QRdropouts for easytrailside access.
- Reduced offset on Yarifork has similar affect to slacking head angle.
- Tyre clearance aplenty makes Plus rubber a possibility.
Check out our full range of 2018 Whyte bikes, available online and in our Lake District superstore.
Words courtesy of Mountain Biking UK and MBR Magazine, images from Whyte Bikes.