Riding through the picturesque town of Durham sounds blissful, and even more appealing if you’re riding an electric bike!
Electric bicycles, also known as e-bikes, work as a motor-assisted ride. With a built-in motor and rechargeable battery providing you with power-assisted pedalling for when you need that extra support and push to make it to your destination.
Whether you cycle to and from work, cycle for fun, competitions, as a form of exercise, rehabilitation, or more, an electric bike can offer so many benefits to so many different people.
Ultimately, e-bikes allow you to ride further, to take on tougher and more challenging cycle trails, to hill climb with ease and the biggest factor? They help to put the fun back into cycling.
Today, you’ll find a vast range of e-bikes available for sale. All offering slight differences depending on your requirements and what and where you’re cycling adventure takes you.
The cycling experts at Wheelbase Darlington are on hand to answer all of your questions, take you through some of the best and most suitable bikes for you and offer you the best deals around.
Call us today on 01539 821443 to find out more.
Difference in E-bikes
Electric Road Bikes
Electric road bikes have grown in popularity amongst cyclists who are part of clubs or groups as well as being popular with those who cycle to and from work. And most importantly, those who simply enjoy the freedom of the road, wherever this may take them.
Endurance bikes that are designed to sustain your speed, electric road bikes allow you to go further and faster.
These bikes are ideal for the road, with their lightweight frames and smoother, more comfortable handling.
Our pick of electric road bikes includes:
- Cannondale Synapse Neo – With its smooth and silent power system, comfortable sportive position and massive range, the Synapse Neo brings new riding and endless possibilities.
- Focus Paralane2 – This e-road bike combines lightweight design with motor assistance. Kicking in only when you need it, the extra 400 Watts of power helps flatten out those previously unconquerable hills.
- Cube Agree Hybrid C:62 SL – redefining your expectations of an electric bike. The Cube Agree combines all that is great about the classic road bike, with all that is necessary from an e-bike.
Electric Mountain Bikes
Providing you with everything you love about mountain biking and then taking it one step further and providing you with even more.
This is what an e-mountain bike can do. It will give you the capability to tackle those bigger mountainous hills with ease.
With the ability to ride for longer, e-mountain bikes extend your time on the trails and allow more time flying down hills as ascent times halve.
Our pick of electric mountain bikes includes:
- Specialised Turbo Levo – Offering a smooth and powerful motor to help you take on any challenge, the Levo combines pedal assist with all the hallmarks known to Specialized’s mountain bike designs.
- Trek Rail– The ultimate trail e-MTB, specifically designed to get you up the mountain efficiently and then send it straight back down, repeatedly.
- Merida eOne Sixty 9000 – An enduro e-MTB with an agile and playful character, the eOne Sixty is built for taking on the most demanding trails.
Hybrid Electric Bikes
Hybrids are the most common and most popular types of electric bikes in and around Durham. Electric hybrids are designed for cyclists looking for road routes and park trails, which sometimes offer more challenging terrain.
Heavier in its design, this bike can handle a multitude of tracks. Making it more robust than an electric road bike and more practical than some electric mountain bikes.
Hybrid electric bikes are the perfect city bike – smooth, easy to control, and an all-round comfortable ride.
Our pick of electric hybrids would include:
- Cube Touring Hybrid – With the versatility to ride tarmac and bridleways, the Touring Hybrid range is ideal for commuters and leisure cyclists alike.
- Cube Reaction Hybrid – One of the best hybrid hardtail bikes on the market, the Reaction Hybrid combines the MTB comfort of a front suspension fork with the agile ride geometry of Cube’s hybrid bike expertise.
- Trek Allant+ – Smart, stylish looks and an ultra-efficient drive system make the Allant+ a great option for cruising through the city on your commute. Equipped with mudguards and pannier racks, you can ride the Allant+ through all weather and carry everything you need.
Electric Bikes for sale, Durham
Before jumping straight into the sale of an electric bike, make sure you know everything there is to know about the different types of bikes available, a bikes particular model, costs, etc.
Make sure to test ride it first. Is it suitable for what you need? Will it get you to where you want to be? Will it satisfy your cycling adventures?
An e-bike is a big investment. You need to make sure you have your questions answered and answered by experts.
The team at Wheelbase North East can help.
On hand with all the information and facts, we provide nothing but honest and upfront answers to all your questions.
With 0% finance offered across the range of electric bikes, we have available; we’re confident we can find the right bike for you.
One which ticks all of your boxes.
Call us today or check out our full range across our site.