Riding through the picturesque town of Durham sounds blissful, and even more appealing if you’re riding an electric bike!
Used as a motor-assisted ride, e-bikes are growing in popularity as they provide pedal power to support your natural pedalling when you need it most.
Whether you cycle to and from work, you cycle for fun, competitions, as a form of exercise, rehabilitation, or more, an electric bike can offer so many benefits to so many different people.
Ultimately, e-bikes allow you to ride further, to take on tougher and more challenging cycle trails, to hill climb with ease and the biggest factor? They help to put the fun back into cycling.
Today, you’ll find a vast range of e-bikes available for sale. All offering slight differences depending on your requirements and what and where you’re cycling adventure takes you.
The cycling experts at Wheelbase Darlington are on hand to answer all of your questions, take you through some of the best and most suitable bikes for you and offer you the best deals around.
Call us today on 01539 821443 to find out more.
Electrical Push Bikes
The more formal term `electrical push bikes` ultimately describes a motor that has been attached to a bike with rechargeable batteries, which, when required, is used to provide power-assisted pedals.
In the UK, however, the motor and the battery on these bikes can’t be used as the sole source of pedal power. Also, once the speed of 25kph has been reached, the power will automatically switch off.
Motors inside these bikes cannot exceed 250w and cannot be operated by a throttle like what is found on a motorbike.
Difference in E-bikes
Electric Road Bikes
Electric road bikes have grown in popularity amongst cyclists who are part of clubs or groups as well as being popular with those who cycle to and from work. And most importantly, those who simply enjoy the freedom of the road, wherever this make takes them.
Endurance bikes that are designed to sustain your speed, electric road bikes push you harder so you can go further and faster.
These bikes are ideal for the road, with their lightweight frames and smoother, more comfortable handling.
For us, we like the:
- Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 – it’s incredibly light, quiet, and drag-free. They’ve also redesigned the handling of this bike, so you’re in complete control through every cycle of your ride.
- Focus Paralane1 6.6 Commute – offering you the power-assisted support when you need it most, this bike is extremely agile and lightweight.
- Cube Agree Hybrid C:62 Race – showing us a new way to ride the road, this sophisticated road bike is all about high performance.
Electric Mountain Bikes
Think about everything you love about mountain biking, and then believe us when we say the right e-mountain bike can then offer you that little bit more.
The power–assisted pedalling can help to open up a whole host of new opportunities for you to explore, conquering even the steepest of mountain hills with ease.
Built with fun and safety in mind, electric mountain bikes are fuelled for the adrenaline junkies out there.
When it comes to e-mountain bikes, we like:
- Cube Reaction Hybrid EXC – this bike looks so good and offers a smooth ride across all types of terrain.
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Action – used by the pros, you know you have a good bike when the top cyclists in the world are riding the same. With the best components built into the bike’s innovative design, we guarantee this bike will provide you with the ultimate riding experience.
- Cannondale Moterra SE – riding the unrideable is made possible with the Cannondale Moterra. Offering infinite capabilities, this is a bike that lets you take on more than you ever imagined.
Hybrid Electric Bikes
Hybrids are the most common and most popular types of electric bikes in and around Durham. Electric hybrids are designed for cyclists looking for road routes and park trails, which sometimes have tougher terrains.
Heavier in its design, this bike can handle a multitude of tracks. Making it more robust than an electric road bike and easier to handle than some electric mountain bikes.
Hybrid electric bikes are the perfect city bike, smooth, easy to control, and an all-round comfortable ride.
Our pick of electric hybrids would include:
- Cube Nature – an all-road bike, the Cube Nature is ready to hit the tracks when you are.
- Cube Town – offering you a smooth but powerful ride, this bike lets you get to places fast!
- Cube Access – a powerful hybrid that oozes versatility, and with excellent handling, you’ll experience a reliable ride no matter your trail.
Electric Bikes for sale, Durham
Before jumping straight into the sale of an electric bike, make sure you know everything there is to know about the different types of bikes available, a bikes particular model, costs, etc.
Make sure to test ride it first. Is it suitable for what you need? Will it get you to where you want to be? Will it satisfy your cycling adventures?
An e-bike is a big investment. You need to make sure you have your questions answered and answered by experts.
The team at Wheelbase can help.
On hand with all the information and facts, we provide nothing but honest and upfront answers to all your questions.
With 0% finance offered across the range of electric bikes, we have available; we’re confident we can find the right bike for you.
One which ticks all of your boxes.
Call us today or check out our full range across our site.