The idea behind the electric bike is to take a traditional bike and add in a motor ultimately. Allowing riders to have the opportunity to cycle further, climb hills with ease, and do it all at a much faster pace.
Whether you’re looking to cycling as your primary mode of transport, you cycle for a hobby, you’re easing back into exercise, or you’re looking to increase your health and fitness – the right electric bicycle can help support it all.
E-bikes can often provide that nudge of motivation that we all need to push ourselves further and to take on bigger challenges.
At Wheelbase, we know our electric bikes. We know what bike is suited to what cycle path and each individual.
Pairing your requirements with the ideal bike, perfectly.
With some of the best cycling routes in Keswick, matched with the stunning scenery, make sure your bike is ready to help you with your exploration adventure!
Know the Law
There are restraints and laws to abide by if you choose an electric bike for your ride.
As they are designed to assist the rider and keep at a steady pace that you’re comfortable with its important to note that the battery and the motor included in the bike can’t be used as the single source of pedal power for the bike – you do have to do some of the work!
The maximum speed on an electric bike must not exceed 25kph (our approximately 15.5mph).
Motors within e-bikes must not exceed 250w and cannot be operated by a throttle.
Types of Electric Bikes for sale
Electric Road Bikes
Electric Mtb bikes are lightweight yet powerful. These types of bikes are ideal if you’re looking to keep pace with cycle groups, shave some time off your daily commute, or simply enjoy what you love the most – taking to the road to ride.
With innovative designs coming to the market, these bikes are built for endurance, capable of sustaining top speeds, helping you to push yourself further, taking to the roads faster.
Electric road bikes are some of the most popular bikes in Keswick; with the long trails, mountain views, and challenge trails on offer, you need a lightweight bike that offers innovative frames, is a smooth ride, and most importantly comfortable.
You need an e-road bike.
Our top 3 electric road bikes.
- Cannondale Synapse Neo 1 – offering incredible handling, steady control, the Cannondale Synapse is light, drag-free and quiet. Letting you enjoy your ride peacefully.
- Focus Paralane1 6.6 Commute – lightweight in its innovative design, this bike is exceptionally agile, offering you the additional push when you need it most.
- Cube Agree Hybrid C:62 Race – known for its sophisticated components; the Cube Agree offers cyclists a new way to ride the road.
Electric Mountain Bikes
Providing you with everything you love about mountain biking and then taking it one step further and offering you even more.
Take on new adventures, look at new cycling routes, and conquer steep hills easily, all with the help of the built-in motor.
For us, electric mountain bikes are where the fun is at!
Our top 3 electric mountain bikes:
- Cube Reaction Hybrid EXC – with its hardtail frame, this bike not only rides smooth, but it looks good too!
- Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC Action T – opting for the same bike as the cycling pros, the Cube Stereo can make you feel like a million dollars. With premium components as standard, this bike provides a great riding experience.
- Cannondale Moterra SE – with infinite capabilities, the Cannondale Moterra lets you take on even some of the toughest terrain.
Hybrid Electric Bikes
One of the most popular types of e-bikes, the hybrid collection, can handle the road as well as tough terrain with their wider tyres and versatile designs.
If you’re looking for something sturdier than an electric mountain bike, but a bike that’s not a full road bike, than a hybrid is a perfect choice.
Great for all urban adventures, these bikes are easy to control, comfortable and all-round a smooth ride.
Our top 3 hybrid electric bikes:
- Cube Nature Hybrid One 400 Allroad – with some of the best features and innovations built into this bike, the Cube Nature is ready to go whenever you are!
- Cube Town Hybrid One 500 Easy Entry – with an easy entry frame, the Cube Town is a smooth, yet powerful drive. Crafted to get you from A to B effortlessly, this bike is designed to make your life easier.
- Cube Access Hybrid Ex 500 – a powerful hybrid that offers an abundance of versatility, providing you with a reliable ride no matter what trail you take.
Benefits of choosing an electric bike
- Helps to improve your fitness levels and gives your health a boost
- Helps with rehabilitation programmes and fitness after experiencing injury or poor health
- To keep you cycling at a pace, you enjoy.
- To challenge yourself to longer rides and bigger mountains
- Continue to cycle even with additional cargo!
If you’re looking for:
- Electric bikes, kids
- Electric bikes, ladies
- Electric bikes, men
Wheelbase can offer it all.
With a vast catalogue of electric bikes for sale, at the UK’s largest cycle store, we’re proud to offer our customers, 0% finance, free shipping, and expert advice.
Call us today or check out our full ranges throughout our website.