Electric bikes, also known as e-bikes, are a fast-growing trend in the UK. A bike that helps you to push yourself further and cycle that little bit faster, all with additional built-in support.
Steep hill climbs have never been easier with pedal assist. Helping to boost your natural pedal power and take on any challenge or long distance with ease.
Today, you’ll find a range of different makes and models of electric bikes for sale. All built with different specifications to meet the wide-ranging individual cycle requirements.
However, all-electric bikes will come with hardwearing electric motors fitted with rechargeable batteries.
Offering excellent road performance and trail riding, e-bikes are also suitable for those who are looking to get back into cycling or carry on cycling at an older age.
Wheelbase is the largest online bike store around. Offering a range of electric bikes for sale to our customers in Leeds, we have something to suit all requirements and all individuals.
Definition of an Electric Bicycle
An electric bike is ultimately a motor-assisted ride. They are a combination of a traditional bike, with a battery and motor added, to help assist the rider with pedalling.
Why choose an e-bike over a traditional bicycle?
- You’re travelling with cargo. Having the additional pulling power of an e-bike means you can still use your bike to haul extra cargo, without killing your legs due to the extra weight. Or opting out altogether and packing your car!
- You’re looking to cycle long distances. E-bikes can help to keep your pace and help you get from A to B quickly and not in such a sweaty state – great if you’re switching to cycling to work!
- You’re recovering from an injury or illness. Using an e-bike can help you on your road to recovery with supported cycling when you need it most.
- To improve your overall health and fitness. Stay fit and healthy and continue to do what you love. Pushing yourself further each time you take your bike out. Stretch your muscles with the additional support of an e-bike.
Know your Electric Bikes
As we’ve mentioned, today, you will find a variety of e-bikes available. We’ve taken the top three categories and outlined just what each e-bike within this range has to offer so that you can make the most informed decision for you.
Hybrid Electric Bikes
The most common style of e-bike, hybrid or leisure bikes are ideal for commuting, touring and leisure riding. Extremely capable and comfortable, these bikes will eat up the miles with minimal effort.
If you’re looking for something a little heavier in weight, more robust, and sturdier to handle, then a hybrid electric bike is a perfect choice.
Comfortable, easy to handle, and completely smooth, e-bikes within this range are perfect for all outdoor adventures.
Our pick of Hybrid electric bikes includes:
- Cube Touring Hybrid – With the versatility to ride tarmac and bridleways, the Touring Hybrid range is ideal for commuters and leisure cyclists alike.
- Cube Reaction Hybrid – One of the best hybrid hardtail bikes on the market, the Reaction Hybrid combines the MTB comfort of a front suspension fork with the agile ride geometry of Cube’s hybrid bike expertise.
- Trek Allant+ – Smart, stylish looks and an ultra-efficient drive system make the Allant+ a great option for cruising through the city on your commute. Equipped with mudguards and pannier racks, you can ride the Allant+ through all weather and carry everything you need.
Electric Road Bikes
E-road bikes are ideal if you’re looking to keep up with the pace of large cycle groups, shave time off your daily commute, or simply enjoy what you love doing the most – road cycling.
Electric road bikes are performance built. With innovative designs that look to help riders sustain their speed, it’s all about providing you with the opportunity to go further, faster, providing the ultimate endurance.
Lightweight in comparison to hybrid electric bikes, e-road bikes offer a smooth and comfortable road riding experience.
Our pick of electric road bikes includes:
- Cannondale Synapse Neo – With its smooth and silent power system, comfortable sportive position and massive range, the Synapse Neo brings new riding and endless possibilities.
- Focus Paralane2 – This e-road bike combines lightweight design with motor assistance. Kicking in only when you need it, the extra 400 Watts of power helps flatten out those previously unconquerable hills.
- Cube Agree Hybrid C:62 SL – redefining your expectations of an electric bike. The Cube Agree combines all that is great about the classic road bike, with all that is necessary from an e-bike.
Electric Mountain Bikes
Providing you with everything you love about mountain biking and then taking it one step further and providing you with even more.
This is what an e-mountain bike can do. It will give you the capability to tackle those bigger mountainous hills with ease.
With the ability to ride for longer, e-mountain bikes extend your time on the trails and allow more time flying down hills as ascent times halve.
Our pick of electric mountain bikes includes:
- Specialised Turbo Levo – Offering a smooth and powerful motor to help you take on any challenge, the Levo combines pedal assist with all the hallmarks known to Specialized’s mountain bike designs.
- Trek Rail– The ultimate trail e-MTB, specifically designed to get you up the mountain efficiently and then send it straight back down, repeatedly.
- Merida eOne Sixty 9000 – An enduro e-MTB with an agile and playful character, the eOne Sixty is built for taking on the most demanding trails.
If you’re looking for the perfect electric bike in Leeds, why not speak to the specialists at Wheelbase Yorkshire? From men’s electric bikes to ladies and even electric bikes for kids, contact the largest cycle store in the UK to see how we can help you.
When it comes to bikes and cycling, we’re experts in our field!