Looking for a new opportunity? Then look no further than a company that is going places.
Wheelbase is the UK’s largest cycle store and we have been at the forefront of the industry for the last 25 years. We live and breathe bikes and have built up a successful business from our headquarters in the Lake District National Park. We opened our second store WHEELBASE North East in 2016 and third store in Yorkshire in 2018 and further expansion of our retail and eCommerce divisions planned.
WORKSHOP TECHNICIAN – FULL TIME
LOCATION: ILKLEY LS29 9EW
Wheelbase are currently looking for the right applicants to join our ever-growing team at our Yorkshire store in Ilkley. In a busy and exciting environment, we strive to deliver outstanding service to our customers. Providing the latest products from the leading brands across all disciplines of our sport – mountain, road, electric, leisure, kids and adventure.
ABOUT THE JOB:
You will be working in our fully fitted professional Park Tools USA workshop on quality road, mountain, leisure and e-bikes. We have a professional team of technician’s here at our Ilkley cycle store and you will need to integrate well in to the busy yet relaxed environment of our pro-workshop. You will need to ensure all of our customers are treated professionally, politely and leave the workshop feeling that they have received great customer service.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Be technically proficient and able to work independently on a diverse range of bicycles
- Keep up to date with the latest cycling technologies including, electric bikes, electronic shifting and the latest suspension systems
- Remain approachable, friendly and confident at all times when assisting customers
- Give quick, yet realistic estimations for repairing bikes
- Ensure that your workspace is clean, organised and completely cleared at the end of the day
- Have good attention to detail and set yourself high standards
- Be clean, presentable and smartly dressed in shop uniform
- A team player who is committed to the business
- Be efficient, tidy and accurate
HOURS: 900am – 5:30pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm Sunday’s (working days to be agreed), with an opportunity for paid overtime during peak periods
SALARY: We offer a competitive salary based on ability and experience
PLEASE SEND YOUR C.V. AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 12th September