Come and join us at Wheelbase North East in Darlington for an evening with the chaps from OTE Performance Nutrition and special guest, OTE supported and Multi World record holding Ultra Cyclist, Chris ‘Hoppo’ Hopkinson
We have recently started stocking OTE at Wheelbase North East because we love how they use only natural ingredients and have tasty subtle flavours with a great range of products aimed at the recreational cyclist right up to the highest performing athletes. We think OTE produce some of the best sports nutrition on the market… plus it’s a local brand based just down the road in Leeds!
So come down to the store for a relaxed and informative presentation along with some great deals and with a surprise treat for all visitors.
Sign up – it’s free! Call the store on 01325 352255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday 31st January 2018
Wheelbase North East, Darlington DL3 7LB
After taking up cycling as a commuter at the age of 31, Chris Hopkinson has gone on to achieve a host of oustanding feats and records in the world of endurance cycling. His achievements include:
• UMCA 100km, 200km, 300km, 500km, 100mile, 200mile, 300mile, 6hr and 12hr Age Group World Records.
• UMCA Missouri Cross State Records West to East and East to West.
• RRA Pembroke to Great Yarmouth Record.
• This year won UMCA European 24hr Championships in Slovenia.
• Won UMCA European 6hr Championships this year at Brands Hatch by 3 x 2.4 mile laps
• 20 World Records in total.
• 4 x Solo RAAM Finishes inc in 2005 First Brit ever to finish RAAM – portrayed in film Bicycle Dreams. Also 2014 finished in 6th in 10 days 18hrs 55mins and won Jure Robic Award
• Finished PBP and LEL, Race Around Ireland 2200km , Furnace Creek 508, Lake Taupo Maxi Enduro – New Zealand.
• Won No Country For Old Men 1000 mile tt with 42,000 feet climbing in Course Record 71hrs 58mins (still stands). With only 20mins sleep throughout
• 9 UMCA World Titles.
• 4 x 24hr, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.
• 4 x 12hr, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016.
• 2014 – UltraCycling Cup
• Awarded UltraCyclist of Distinction in 2014
• Completed 36 x 24hrs – Won 12
• Completed 44 x 12hrs – Won 8
• 7 entries in Audax Hall of Fame
• 400,000 lifetime miles so far