Jobs at Wheelbase
Work for WHEELBASE, the UK’s largest cycle store. We have the following vacancies for energetic people with a passion for bikes at our Lake District super store:
WHEELBASE is the UK’s largest cycle store and we have been at the forefront of the industry for the last 25 years. We live and breathe bikes and have built up our business in the Lake District National Park with some of the UK’s best mountain and road rides right outside our HQ. We opened our second store WHEELBASE North East in 2016 and have ambitious plans for further expansion of our retail and ecommerce divisions.
WORKSHOP TECHNICIAN, FULL-TIME
Location; Wheelbase Lake District, Staveley, Kendal, LA8 9LR
You will be working in our fully fitted professional Park Tools USA workshop on quality road, mountain and leisure bikes. We have a large team of technician’s here at the UK’s largest cycle store and you will need to integrate well in to the busy yet relaxed environment of our pro-workshop.
You will need to ensure all our customers are treated professionally, politely and leave the workshop feeling that they have received great customer service
– Efficient, tidy and accurate.
– Remain approachable, friendly and confident at all times.
– Keep up to date with the latest cycling technologies including, electric bikes, electronic shifting and the latest suspension systems.
– Quick, yet realistic estimations for repairing bikes.
– You must be clean, presentable and smartly dressed in shop uniform.
– Need to ensure that your workspace is clean, organised and completely cleared at the end of the day.
– Attention to detail and high standards
– Friendly, approachable, and a positive attitude
– Team player and committed to the business
Wheelbase HQ, Staveley, Kendal, Cumbria LA8 9LR UK, only 15mins from the M6 motorway and 10mins from Lake Windermere
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on experience.
– Our HQ is Staveley is surrounded by hills and you’ll have one of the best commutes to work in the country
– We have a very generous staff purchase scheme which will help fuel your passion for cycling
– You will qualify for our staff cycle to work scheme after you have been with us for 6 months
– We organise and attend cycling events throughout the UK and you will be encouraged to get involved
– We hold regular staff rides and plenty of team nights out!
9.00am – 5:30pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 4pm Sunday’s (working days to be agreed), with an opportunity for paid overtime during peak periods.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Jobs@Wheelbase.co.uk
Sunday 22 October 2017